Nominated in 2011 by the James Beard Foundation as a Best New Restaurant, this eatery is known for producing innovative dishes from sustainable foods gathered from local farmers and suppliers.
The menu changes weekly and is influenced by what is in season. From seafood and burgers to soups and desserts, The Refinery covers the culinary map.
The vision for owners Greg and Michelle Baker was to create upper-echelon dishes that are made with passion, but offered at an affordable price.
“There are some very good restaurants in town … but I can’t afford to go there,” Greg Baker said. “I’m just a working-class guy like anybody else. We don’t feel that good food should be reserved for special occasions. We wanted to take this kind of food and strip it of all pretentiousness and have this place be a laid-back environment.”
- Hours: Bar: Tues - Thur, 4pm - midnight; Fri, Sat, 3pm - 1am; Sun, 11am - 10pm. Dinner: Tues - Thur, 5pm - 10pm; Fri, Sat, 5pm - 11pm. Brunch: Sun, 11am - 3pm
- Handicap Accessible: First floor is accessible to wheelchairs.
- Founding Date: 2010
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Natural, Organic, Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in
- Menu link: www.thetamparefinery.com/menus.php
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: American, Bistro, International, Seafood, Southern, Vegetarian / Vegan
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Executive chef: Greg Baker
- Features: Brunch, Dinner, Group-friendly, Live Entertainment, Outdoor seating, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Fine dining, Fun, Romantic, Singles scene
- Dress code: Casual
- Features: Live music, Outdoor seating
- Beer Types: Craft, Domestic, Imported, Microbrew