Due to the weather, there are several intersections with traffic lights out, according to the Tampa Police Department, which is currently directing officers to high volume intersections to direct traffic.
The following major intersections either have no power, flashing lights, or
debris in the roadway, acording to Tampa Police:
- Interstate 275 and Fowler Avenue
- Busch Boulevard and Florida Avenue
- Nebraska Avenue and Hillsborough Avenue
- Hillsborough Avenue and Central Avenue
- Sligh Avenue and Central Avenue
- Fowler Avenue and 30th Street
- Sligh Avenue and 15th Street (tree in roadway)
- Nebraska Avenue and Hanna Avneue
- 40th Street and Hillsborough Avenue
- 28th Street and Busch Boulevard (tree in roadway)
Motorists are reminded to treat an intersection where the light is out as a four-way stop and to proceed with caution.
There are also reports of large tree branches blocking city streets around Tampa, with two happening in the Seminole Heights area. One is at the intersection of Sligh Avenue and 15th Street, while the other is down at 805 East Elm Street.
Motorists may want to consider avoiding those routes if they can.
Got photos of storm damage in your neighborhood? Upload them to this story by clicking "Add Photos and Video."