Want to learn something new or fill your kids' summer down time with something educational? Check out these free classes and programs that will take place in June at the .
- Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program on Mondays, June 11 and 25 at 1:30 p.m.
The Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program will provide education on nutrition, meal planning, shopping, cooking and food safety. This is a four‐part series of fun and interactive classes held weekly. This class is for adults and families.
- 1960s Summer Reading Kickoff Party on Tuesday, June 12 at 4 p.m.
Hang ten and catch a wave to the 1960s! Learn about the bands, games, and movies that people enjoyed back in the days of tie-dye, Woodstock, Motown and more. Refreshments will be provided.
- Baby Time on June 13, 20 and 27 at 11:45 a.m.
Early literacy begins at birth. Bond with your baby through stories, bouncy rhymes and songs in this 20-minute lapsit program that introduces early literacy skills and encourages language development. The classes are open to kids 0-18 months, and there is a 20-person seating capacity.
- Children's Book and Film Fest on June 19 and 26 at 4 p.m.
Celebrate best-selling children's books with an introduction to the book series, craft activities and a film based on the book of the day.
- Teen Craft Class: Dream Pillows on June 21 at 4 p.m.
Create your own dream pillow. Learn how floral scents and natural teas can help you unwind, relax, and get stress-free sound sleep. All supplies are provided. Open to teenagers.
- Teen Tech: Windows Live Movie Maker on June 28 at 4 p.m.
Using Windows Live Movie Maker, learn how to quickly turn your photos and videos into polished movies. Add special effects, transitions, sound, and captions, then share your movie directly to websites such as YouTube and Facebook. This is class is for teenagers.