It's too hot to go outside, but if your getting stir crazy this summer, here are some happenings at the that might help you let loose.
- Children's Book and Film Fest at 4 p.m. Tuesday, July 3.
Celebrate best-seller children's books with an introduction to a book series, craft activities and a film based on the book of the day. The event will be held in the community room.
- Publisher for Teens: Get a Job! at 4 p.m. on Thursday, July 5.
Working for yourself this summer? Whether you're babysitting, mowing lawns, detailing cars or whatever business you're in, bring in more business by using the right tools to promote your services. Publisher makes it easy to make your own flyers, business cards and more.
- Wii Fit for Kids! at 3:30 p.m.on Tuesday, July 10.
Just because it's hot out doesn't mean it has to be a lazy summer. Kids can learn how to use Nintendo Wii's Fit games and join their friends for fitness fun at the library.
- Puppet Show: Sinabouda Lily at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, July 11.
Be transported to the south sea island of Papua New Guinea in this tropical puppet show of Sinabouda Lily, who loves to swing and eat bananas. Find out what happens when she forgets to heed her father’s warning and puts herself in danger of becoming lunch for the wicked Sinawakelakela! Presented by Creative Arts Theatre of the City of Tampa Parks and Recreation Department.
- Book Discussion: A Stolen Life by Jaycee Lee Dugard at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 14.
Participate in a discussion about a popular book as part of the library's adult summer reading program. The book covers the period from the time of the author's abduction in 1991 up until the present. In her stark, compelling narrative, she opens up about what she experienced and offers an extraordinary account of courage and resilience.
- Story Art at 10:30 a.m. on July 18 and 25.
Join the library staff for a story about other cultures, and create your own art project based on the story. Dress for some art fun as children will be experimenting with paints, chalks,and other media.
- Baby Time at 11:45 a.m. on July 18 and 25.
Early literacy begins at birth. Bond with your baby through stories, bouncy rhymes and songs in this 20-minute lapsit program that introduces early literacy skills and encourages language development.
- Just Tape It: Recycled Crafts at 4 p.m. on Thursday, July 26.
Create cool wallets and bags using everyday items like newspapers and tape. Who knew recycling could be fun and fashionable?
- International Teen Book and Film Fest at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, July 31.
Celebrate an international best-seller teen book with a book discussion, craft activities, bookswap and see a film based on the book of the day.