Do you or someone you know and love suffer from chronically dry skin, psoraisis or eczema? From babies to adults, many people suffer with these skin conditions and their symptoms ( very dry skin, scaly, itchy, cracking). The causes of any of these skin conditions are not fully known by doctors, from your diet, family history and even stress, all can cause any of these skin conditions.
We have many customers that come to us looking for help, though we have no guaranteed cure, but by following our suggestions, we hope to make these conditions more tolerable and improve the appearance and feel of the damaged skin.
* Avoid bathing & showering with hot water, use luke warm water for both bathing and showering.
* Avoid harsh soaps and detergents and those mass produced beauty bars that you think are good for you. Maybe that's why there are no ingredients listed on them? Look for soaps enriched with shea butter, lavender essential oil, argan oil, all are known for their healing properties.
* Take a bath. Bathing helps to gently soak off and remove dry flakes and calm the inflamed areas of the skin. Add a few drops of Argan oil to your bath water.
* When drying off, gently pat the skin dry, rubbing the affected skin with the towel may irritate and worsen the symptoms.
* MOISTURIZE ! MOISTURIZE ! MOISTURIZE ! After bathing apply a rich body lotion enriched with shea butter or olive oil. During the winter months, you may need to apply a moisturizing lotion several times a day.
* Ladies, if it is you husband that suffers from any of these conditions, buy him a good body lotion and make him use it.
* At night before bed, apply a body butter or 100% pure shea butter to your skin.
*Please note, in severe cases, when showering, wash only under you arms and private areas to reduce exposing the affected areas to any soaps and detergents, then follow with a rich body lotion or body butter. Resume normal bathing as the symptoms decrease.
We hope you feel better soon, because if you look and feel better, we do too! Visit Cleanse Apothecary and get you skin back into shape!
5127 North Florida Avenue 813.374.0305 www.cleanseapothecary.com