Today is Thursday, July 28th, the 208th day of 2011.
- Psst! There's gonna be a big water gun fight at 5 p.m. Saturday at the Riverwalk behind the St. Pete Times Forum. Pass it on!
- Seminole Heights resident Steve Quillian, owner of Wood Window Makeover, was quoted in a story about window restoration by the New York Times—and Patch is not jealous at all!
- 3:30 p.m. (for teens) at the Seminole Heights Branch Library
- 6:30 p.m. at the All People's Life Center
See Patch's Events Calendar for the rest of today's happenings.
- 9 a.m. Tampa City Council, 315 E. Kennedy Blvd. (Here is the agenda.)
- 12 p.m. East Tampa CRP Housing Sub-Committee, 3101 N. 34th St.
- 3:30 p.m. East Tampa CRP Public Safety Sub-Committee, 3808 N. 22nd St.
- 9 a.m. Environmental Protection Committee, 601 E. Kennedy Blvd.
- 6 p.m. Board of County Commissioners, 601 E. Kennedy Blvd.
- Thursday: Scattered showers and thunderstorms after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 94. Heat index values as high as 105. South southeast wind between 3 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Thursday Night: Isolated showers and thunderstorms before 11pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 78. East wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tree: No Activity
- Grass: Medium
- Weed: Medium