- This morning, the Tampa City Council will hold a public hearing and have a second reading of a proposed ordinance to ban roadside transactions between pedestrians and drivers. If passed, the "partial panhandling ban" would only affect major arterial roads in the city, including Hillsborough, Florida and Nebraska avenues. Check back with Patch later today for an update.
- The Hillsborough High School boys basketball team travels tonight to . Go Terriers!
- You can help those affected by the winter storms in the Midwest by visiting www.redcross.org, calling 1-800-REDCROSS or by texting "REDCROSS" to 90999 to make a $10 donation. Also, consider making a donation to your local Red Cross chapter.
- Ever wonder how to grow African Violets? You can get a free lesson at 7 p.m. at the meeting of the Tampa African Violet Society at . For more information, call 813-689-8700.
- Today is Chinese New Year! Why not celebrate by dining at one of Central Tampa's many Chinese restaurants? , , , or .
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something