1. --The Hillsborough County Health Department raw oysters from Tampa Bay can cause a potentially life-threatening illness.
2. --An offer from local business owners for the building at 5100 North Florida Ave. was turned down last week.
3. --Ian Hallett comes to Hillsborough County from the Austin Animal Services where he saved 90 percent of the animals under the shelter's care.
4. --The long anticipated arrival of is taking place this weekend as they open their doors to a eager Seminole Heights public looking to welcome a new restaurant concept.
5. --Hillsborough County Sheriff David Gee has written a letter to the public concerning security at the Republican National Convention.
6. --After just a couple years in the kitchen of Ladies of the Sea & Soul on Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Melissa Brown is branching out and doing her own thing in Seminole Heights.
7. --Florida’s unemployment rate was up to 8.8 percent in July after two consecutive months of staying at 8.6 percent.