Invite a friend
Summer Break "Camp Connect" (Half- and Full-Day Options)
The Glazer Children's Museum offers several week-long camps from June 11 through Aug. 17 for ages 4 to 10. The camps can be full-day or half-day and also are divided by themes, from exploring the world’s food and music to water conservation and safety, creating everyday art, and building your own gadgets.
Half-days run from 9am to 12pm, or from 1pm to 4pm. Lunch is available for full-day campers by week or by day. Extended care also is available.
Please register at least 24 hours in advance. (Register by May 31 online to receive a 25% rebate on the second week of camp when you purchase two weeks.)
Here are the options, by age group:
Ages 4 to 5 (half day only; camper must be age 4 by June 1, 2012):
- Around the World in 5 days (June 11 to 15; July 9 to 13; July 30 to Aug. 3) Investigate food, music, art and life around the world. Climb a mountain, go on a safari and explore the coldest places on Earth.
- World of Water (June 18 to 22; July 16 to 20; Aug. 6 to 10) Discover the science of water and learn how to save water at home and stay safe in water.
- Sing, Dance and Move to the Music (June 25 to 29; July 23 to 27; Aug. 13 to 17) Play instruments, learn dance moves and discover all types of music and dance from around the world.
Ages 6 to 7 (half day or full day; camper must have completed kindergarten):
- Jr. Meteorologist (June 18 to 22; July 16 to 20; Aug. 6 to 10) Meet a meteorologist and learn how to predict the weather.
- Dig Deeper (June 11 to 15; July 9 to 13; July 30 to Aug. 3) Explore ancient culture, extinct animals, deep-sea creatures and even learn what happens “under the hood” of some gadgets and tools.
- Wacky, Wild Art for Everyone (June 25 to 29; July 23 to 27; Aug. 13 to 17) Painting with marbles? Are bottle caps art? What is cubism? Learn how is all around you and create a masterpiece to take home.
Ages 7 to 10 (full day only; camper must have completed 2nd grade):
- Gadgets and Gizmos (June 18 to 22; July 16 to 20; Aug. 6 to 10) Ever wanted to take apart a toaster or phone? Want to build your own toy car or submarine? Spend a week exploring all kinds of gadgets, gizmos, and machines -- then make your own creation.
|Where||110 W Gasparilla Plz, Tampa, FL 33602 (Glazer Children's Museum)|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||9:00 am–4:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Kids|
|Price||$110 for half day (morning or afternoon); $220 for full day; museum Premium and Plus members receive 15% discount|