Seminole Heights is now the IT neighborhood in Tampa.
The unconventional neighborhood gets a full-page spread in the March issue of 'Southern Living' magazine, in its Travel section.
The full-color nod to Seminole Heights and some popular small businesses there already has led to a mention by the Tampa Bay Business Journal of the magazine profile.
Businesses identified in the "Southern Living" travel post include:
- Independent Bar and Café, on North Florida Avenue, which was named Best Restaurant by readers of the Seminole Heights Patch.
- Domani Bistro Lounge, also on North Florida Avenue, which gets five stars from Patch readers.
- The Refinery, whose Chef Greg Baker was a James Beard Award finalist in 2011, is another North Florida Avenue favorite.
- Ella’s Americana Folk Art Café, which is on North Nebraska Avenue.
- Brooksie’s Market, which opened last year;
- Cleanse Apothecary, on North Florida Avenue, which gets five stars from Patch readers;
- Vélo Champ, on North Central Avenue, which is a specailty bike shop that also is loved by Seminole Heights Patch readers.