Operation Felon Sweep Nets Local Arrests
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office and Tampa Police Department participated.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office and Tampa Police Department’s two-day warrants round up this week netted arrests in Sulphur Springs, Ybor City, Jackson Heights, Belmont Heights, Seminole Heights, East Tampa and South Tampa, according to Larry McKinnon, spokesman for the sheriff's office.
This operation, which occurred Wednesday and today, will assist in reducing the number of outstanding warrants in Hillsborough County.
Here's a rundown of the sweep:
Warrants Served: 37
Names of those arrested, and number of charges:
- Corey Smith: Felony fleeing to elude/habitual traffic offender/reckless (3)
- Jerald Stone: Violation of probation for carrying a concealed firearm/violation of probation for grand theft (2)
- Byron Orellana: VOP for aggravated battery w/great bodily harm/ VOP carrying a concealed firearm (2)
- Don Green: VOP grand theft (1)
- Millard McCaw: DUI second Offense/ VOP driving with license suspended (2)
- Deborah Arcoraci: Domestic violence battery (1)
- Johnnie Putts: Domestic violence battery (1)
- Stacy Helfer: Possession of Cocaine/ Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (2)
- Calvin Toombs: Grand theft ID theft fraud use of a credit card (1)
- Matthew Vancise: Aggravated battery w/ a deadly weapon (1)
- Erster Rucker: VOP for domestic battery (1)
- John Malloy: Contempt of court (1)
- Thmarque Sanders: Obstruction (1)
- Antwan Comer: VOP battery and obstruction (2)
- Reginald Britton: Florida Parole Commission (Retake) Delivery of Cocaine (1)
- Tinesha Ashford: Throwing a deadly missle in an occupied dwelling/criminal mischief (2)
- Billy Nelson: VOP lewd & lascivious battery (1)
- Martin Anderson: Trafficking in Oxycodone (1)
- Dwayne Malone: Failure to appear for trafficking in phenethylamines, FTA tamper w/physical evidence, FTA possession of marijuana less than 20 grams, FTA on driving with a suspended license, FTA possession of drug paraphernalia and obstruction. (6)
- Ronnie Wyche: Driving with license suspended or revoked, third degree (1)
- Robert Stuyvenberg: FTA possession of controlled substance/FTA battery (2)
- Frederick Hobbs: Violation of probation on robbery/ VOP robbery with a deadly weapon (2)
- McGhee, Christopher: VOP Utter forged instrument/VOP obtain lodge w/ intent to Defraud/ VOP counterfeit payment/ VOP deposit check w/ intent to fraud/obtain property for worthless check (5)
- Ronald McCray: VOP possession of cocaine (1)
- Walter Hightower: VOP DUI Over .15 (1)
What do you think about the sweep? Tell us in the comments.