Free Historic Homes Restoration Workshop Set for Saturday
Tampa Preservation will host a free and full day of workshops at the Seminole Heights United Methodist Church.
This free day of workshops will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the 1927 Seminole Heights United Methodist Church, 6111 N Central Ave.
Topics include repairing historic wood windows, refinishing wood floors, making your home more energy-efficient, painting your historic home, restoring your porch, Florida-friendly landscaping, and researching your home’s history
“There’s something for everyone and everything,” said Tampa Preservation president Becky Clarke.
There are 12 workshops, but three occur simultaneously in time blocks lasting about an hour each. There will be an hour break for lunch.
Here's a complete schedule:
TRACK 1 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:20 a.m.
- "Energy Efficiency in Historic Homes" by Jo-Anne Peck of Historic Shed.
- "Researching Your Homes History" by Lucy Jones of Cardno ENTRIX.
- "Painting to Preserve and Protect" by Jett Tanner of the Tanner Paint Company.
TRACK 2 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:20 p.m.
- "Repairing and Refinishing Wood Floors" by Dennis Prieur of Through the Wood Fine Wood Floors.
- "Exterior Details" by Alan Dobbs of Florida Design Studio.
- "Living in a Historic District" by Dennis Fernandez of the City of Tampa, Historic Preservation
LUNCH from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. (Food will be available at the event site).
TRACK 3 from 1:30 p.m. to 2:20 p.m.
- "Built-ins and Trim" by Brian Manne, Carpenter.
- "Florida Friendly Native Landscaping" by Michael Manlowe of Twigs and Leaves.
- "Preservation: Past, Present and Future" by Becky Clarke of Tampa Preservation, Inc.
TRACK 4 from 2:30 p.m. to 3:20 p.m.
- "Restoring Your Old Wood Windows" by Steve Quilian of Wood Window Makeover.
- "Salvaged Wood / Goodwin Heart Pine" by Carol Goodwin of Goodwin Heart Pine.
- "Lessons Learned / Illustrated Intro to the Secretary of Interior Standards" by Kim & Richard Headland, Architects.
For more information, visit tampapreservation.com.