Family Dollar, Manatees, Art Shows and More on Patch This Week
Here is a look back at the news and features on Seminole Heights Patch this week.
1. Family Dollar Issue: Complete Coverage--No news is bigger in Seminole Heights right now than the ongoing debate over the addition of a new Family Dollar location on Florida Avenue. To read more about the issue and put your finger on the pulse of the issue, check out our complete coverage page.
2. Rick Scott to Blog for Huffington Post--Florida's governor will pen posts on job creation strategies for a pre-convention blog.
3. Deputies Face Grueling Schedules During RNC--The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office will require deputies to work 12-hour shifts for 10 consecutive days during the Republican National Convention.
4. Trespassers Leave Behind Drugs and Paraphernalia--Here is a look back at the Tampa Police Department's crime blotter for the Seminole Heights area over the last week.
5. Rehabilitated Manatee Gives Birth at Zoo--A rescued manatee is now a mother of two at Lowry Park Zoo.
6. Cuban Sandwich Show Highlights Tampa Art Community--The 21st annual Cuban Sandwich Show is ongoing through the month of August.
7. Meet the Owner: Brooksie's Market--The 50-year old Seminole Heights resident and former district manager for Starbucks is keeping herself busy these days with the creation of a neighborhood market that fits the Seminole Heights ideal and attracts locals both for shopping and socializing.