Crime Blotter: Car Thief Risks Bad Karma
Cars are broken into at Jai Dee Yoga, the D'Liz Cafe is relieved of $30 from its cash register, and two people are robbed at Rowlett Park.
- A 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe was stolen from Mr. Stix auto repair shop at 915 W Waters Ave. Police say the shop's fence gate was lifted off its hinges, enabling the thief(s) to enter the property and find the unlocked vehicle's ignition key hidden under a floor mat. Investigators are reviewing video surveillance from a neighboring business.
- A 1999 Pontiac Firebird was left running at the pump at the BP gas station, at 1312 E Busch Blvd. Police say the owner of the car was entering the store when he saw a black male jump into the car and drive off.
- The windows of two cars were smashed in at Jai Dee Yoga and Wellness Studio, 5803 N Florida Ave. Purses, wallets, glasses and a cell phone were stolen.
- A 42" Sony projection TV was stolen from a house on the 7800 block of N Rome Avenue. Police say the rear door that faces Kirby Street was pried open, which activated an alarm. The suspect(s) fled undetected.
- Someone walked through an unlocked rear door to a house on the 6500 block of N 13th Street. Stolen was an HP laptop computer and a vase containing about $30 in change.
- A 1997 gray Nissan pickup truck was left unlocked in a driveway on the 8100 block of N Fremont Ave. Someone got in during the night and stole a metal box containing about $1,200 worth of barber equipment, including razors, trimmers and scissors, plus an iPod. An unlocked 1998 blue Jeep was also on the driveway and illegally breached. Twenty dollars was stolen from that vehicle.
- The rear door locks were pried off at the D'Liz Cafe, 8319 N Nebraska Ave., and $30 was stolen from the cash register. Police lifted fingerprints at the scene.
- Two victims were attacked from behind and thrown to the ground at Rowlett Park, 2501 River Hills Drive. Police say the victims waited 30 minutes before reporting the robbery. A cell phone was stolen from each of the victims. They described their attackers as black males between 15 and 18-years-old.
About this column: Reports supplied by Tampa Police Department