5 Things You Can Do With Your Family This Weekend
Patch brings you a selection of this weekend's best offerings for outings with your family.
- Grab your helmet and hop on your bicycle for the Seminole Heights Bicycle Club's Long Ride this Saturday at 8:30 a.m. There are two rides to choose from — intermediate and advanced — that leave from the Seminole Heights Garden Center at 5800 N. Central Ave.
- The Ybor City Saturday Market takes place every Saturday in Centennial Park. This event features a wide range of vendors offering fresh produce, prepared foods, plants, pet items and crafts. Dogs are welcome.
- The Seminole Heights Community Gardens is holding a "Grow Your Own Seeds" class on Saturday at 9:30 a..m. at 407 W. Violet St. A donation of $3 to the garden is requested to attend the class.
- Wine, Chocolate and Romance at the Museum of Science and Industry, 11315 N. 46th St. This Saturday and Sunday at 10 a.m., plan ahead for a trip to the MOSI grounds as the 2011 Bay Area Renaissance Festival continues its theme weekends with a day wine and chocolate tastings from local vendors and an array of fun activities for couples. Enjoy couples grape stomping, pie eating contests, the sweet stroll, and free vow renewals all weekend. Price: adults $17.95, children $9.95.
- Hyde Park Chalk Walk Festival in Old Hyde Park Village, 1622 W Snow Ave. This Saturday at 8:30 a.m. and Sunday at 10 a.m., round up the family and visit Hyde Park Village for its annual Chalk Walk Festival. More than 60 bay area artists have come together to create live art shows. The event features entertainment for all ages including caricature drawings, face painting and a meet and greet with Lowry Park Zoo's animal ambassadors for children. Food and drinks will be available throughout the park, and stop by the Artist Gallery to find an array of original pieces available for purchase. Price: free!