5 Things to Know This Weekend
Here's the weekend's roundup of events, information and trivia.
- The weekend forecast calls for plenty of sun. If you're headed to the beach, Busch Gardens or the Renaissance Festival, be sure to stop by a pharmacy in Central Tampa to pick up some sun block, bottled water and a floppy hat!
- The Seminole Heights Bicycle Club's Long Ride starts Saturday at 8:30 a.m. sharp. There are two rides to choose from — intermediate and advanced — that leave from the Seminole Heights Garden Center at 5800 N. Central Ave.
- The Seminole Heights Community Gardens is holding a "Grow Your Own Seeds" class on Saturday at 9:30 a..m. at 407 W. Violet St. A donation of $3 to the garden is requested to attend the class.
- Hyde Park Chalk Walk Festival in Old Hyde Park Village, 1622 W Snow Ave. This Saturday at 8:30 a.m. and Sunday at 10 a.m., round up the family and visit Hyde Park Village for its annual Chalk Walk Festival. More than 60 bay area artists have come together to create live art shows. The event features entertainment for all ages including caricature drawings, face painting and a meet and greet with Lowry Park Zoo's animal ambassadors for children. Food and drinks will be available throughout the park, and stop by the Artist Gallery to find an array of original pieces available for purchase. Price: free!
- Like beer? Like bluegrass? Then you'll love the Sunday School for Sinners Bluegrass Jam at The Independent Bar and Café. Enjoy the tunes from ClusterPluck and the Indie's freshly tapped ales, ciders and lagers. Show runs from 4 to 8:30 p.m.