Doesn't the Dad in your family deserve at least one Sunday of the year without a big list of chores, fix-it projects or the dreaded lawn mowing?
That's why Seminole Heights Patch has gathered up these Father's Day ideas so you can get Dad out of the house and into some fun!
- Show Dad you think he's the real "king of the beasts" in your family. Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo is offering free admission to father's with the purchase of one full-priced child or adult ticket.
- The Front Porch Grill & Bar would be a great place to take Dad for Sunday brunch (starts at 9 a.m.) or for dinner with music by DJ Sumatra and his down tempo chill vibes and a mix of '70s, '80s and '90s tunes.
- Who doesn't enjoy a little stargazing, studying bugs and braving hurricane force winds? Dads receive free admission to the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI) with the purchase of a full-priced general admission ticket.
- If Dad is a sports lover, he'd love a visit to the Tampa Bay History Center to see the new exhibit "Tampa Bay Sports: Through the Eyes of Lamar Sparkman." Sparkman was a sports cartoonist for the Tampa Bay Daily Times and The Tampa Tribune from 1947 to 1987.
- The Florida Aquarium is offering free admission to Dad with the purchase of one general admission. After he enjoys looking at the fishies, why not walk over to Channelside and treat Dad to lunch or dinner?